Sunday, May 31, 2009

Petswalk and a Pony Birthday

All right, so those are not pets or ponies, but they are my very favorite rhodies that seem to only bloom for a day. They are in a shady spot and much darker usually, but I had to use the flash. Anyways, now I can see them year round. Those flowers make me happy!
Cocobear and Gypsy got to go to our local humane society walk this year, and it was SO much easier than when the bigger dogs go. The kids were able to hold their leashes, and there was no counter surfing for treats at the booths. Miss Gypsy did make a pig of herself with the biscuits on the floor, though.
We saw a lot of great dogs at the walk. This picture is for Haley- I wanted her to see the Hula Lab :) It was almost like seeing Char! Those dogs didn't even seem to mind the itchy grass skirts.
This guy with the patch was Cute Puppy of the Day (to me, at least). I thought he looked like a St. Bernard Pitbull mix, but his owner said he was an American Bulldog. His tail didn't stop wagging the whole time we saw him.
Then Leah went to a pony birthday party, where the horses wore ribbons and glitter! Maybe you can see some of the curly ribbons on the tail of this one. Leah was a little unsure about the big horse.
This one was more her size. She got to go on three rides and had a great time. She's already been invited to another pony party in two weeks. What happened to cake and noisemakers at the house?? All in all, a very fun sunny day and that's always a bonus in WA.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE Rhodies ... thankyou for the pic !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some hula-dogs! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun. It looks like little Leah really enjoyed the day with those ponies...

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete